The FMLC Secretariat is keen to hear from qualified solicitors or barristers who would like to gain or develop experience in financial markets law by volunteering full-time (and in exceptional circumstances part-time) in a position of responsibility. For more information please contact the Operations Manager on (44)(0)20 7601 3272 or by email at email@example.com and copy the Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FMLC Secretariat is always looking for Legal Volunteers to provide support in various research and administrative tasks. Working with the FMLC provides valuable experience in legal research, drafting and administration, as well as a chance to study/contribute to work on major legal issues that affect life in the U.K. Legal Volunteers at the FMLC might find themselves:
- analysing legal issues and reporting on that analysis;
- assisting in preparing FMLC presentations and other materials;
- editing FMLC draft publications;
- drafting correspondence and arranging meetings; and
- preparing papers for meetings of the Committee and various working groups (and then attending and minuting those meetings).
Full-time or part-time positions may be available, for periods ranging from 2 to 6 months. A Legal Volunteer will need:
- an interest in financial markets law;
- completed an LPC course or an LLM (we may make an exception for very strong candidates);
- excellent attention to detail;
- excellent organisational skills;
- excellent research skills;
- excellent written and spoken English;
- the ability to deal with new and unfamiliar issues;
- the ability to work as part of a team; and
- the ability to work independently and without supervision.
Download a full specification here.